Sunday, February 1, 2009

Seed starting

Okay, I couldn't resist. I was at Home Depot and they had seed starting systems on sale. It has 72 little sections and a built-in watering system. I got a bunch of seeds - spinach, parsley, squash, plus some flowers too. They say you're supposed to start the seeds 6-8 weeks before you'll be transplanting them into the ground. In my area, that will be late April or so, which means I should start the seeds in the beginning of March. That gives me a month to clean out the storage room, set up a table, buy a grow light, and figure out which seeds to start. The problem with starting the veggies too early is that I don't have a veggie garden built yet. That's another project on the list for when the weather gets better. So much to do!

1 comment:

  1. Go Molly! Getting a headstart on organizing is smart - it will get so hectic come spring. I'm starting a few seeds in the coming weeks - pansoes, violas, cat grass, maybe some lettuce, and sweet peas. The rest will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete