Monday, January 19, 2009

Catalogs, catalogs and more catalogs

I keep getting gardening catalogs in the mail and it's making me yearn for spring to be here. Each one offers a special deal - $20 off on an order of $40 or more, double the order for 1 penny, $25 off orders of $50 or more. I'm going back and forth, comparing deals, visualizing where in the garden I'd put things, imagining what it will look like when everything's planted and growing. Do I get enough sun for the mini lemon tree if I put it in a container on my deck? Should I go for the astilbe grab bag with random colors (7 for $20) or the one with all pink (9 for $20)? Of course, whatever I order now won't be here until April, but some of the offers expire in February. I anticipate many hours spent on the couch flipping through catalogs between now and April.

No comments:

Post a Comment