Saturday, March 14, 2009

Seedlings


Okay, it's finally March! Last Sunday I set up my new grow light and seed starting kit. The kit has 12 rows of six spaces for seeds, so I planted 3 rows each of marigolds, zinnias, cosmos, and shasta daisies. By Friday afternoon - 5 days!!! - I've got seedlings! Quite a few of them and already a couple inches high. Two of the seed types are already sprouting. Unfortunately, I forgot to label which rows are which seeds, so I'm not sure which these are. I guess I'll just have to wait till they get a little bigger to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I'm looking forward to the food you're gonna grow.

    By the way, do you make housecalls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I want to do a salad table this year. I was thinking, "I don't remember her having a yard", and then I read the part where you moved 2 years ago. :) Daddy used to have a half-acre garden and I loved planting with him. This will be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete